Sunday, April 17, 2005

My perfect job?

This is currently posted on the ABC Web site:

''Do you love television? Do you love watching television? Well, how would you like the chance to get paid to watch it ALL DAY LONG? This is not a dream. This is real. You can earn big bucks in the high-growth, fast-paced world of watching TV. Why break your back doing manual labor when you can lay on it?! You'll laugh the hours away while scouring the airwaves for hilarious TV moments - and keep on laughing -all the way to the bank! So if you want a new job, like to watch television, and you work well WITHOUT others, let us know!
''Be a professional TV watcher! It's the job you were born to do.''

I actually started filling out the application (which you can find through Kimmel's section of www.abc.go.com), especially after I saw that the search was for the laziest person in America. What, after all, could be lazier than trying to get paid for something I do anyway? And I figured that I would have a leg up on Kimmel's late-night audience since I am awake in the morning and could track shows while other contenders are busy spreading zzzz's.
I stopped, of course. I am already a professional TV watcher and I get paid year-round. The Kimmel gig is ''a week to week position,'' the Web site says. ''No contractual commitment is intended or implied.''
Besides, it wouldn't be fair to take away an opportunity for all those Kimmel fans wondering what to do now that they've almost finished their seventh or eighth year of college.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hey Rich Heldenfels, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about professional sports job.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
professional sports job
I wish you all the best!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home