Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Surprise Encounter

So I'm talking to an HBO publicist about ''Carnivale'' see below, and she also mentions that she was on the set of ''The Sopranos'' recently, which is good news to anyone eager for even a hint about the show. Then, after we've talked ''Carnivale,'' she mentions that she has a ''Sopranos'' star in her office and puts me on the phone with Dominic Chianese, better known as Uncle Junior.
Chianese doesn't give up any ''Sopranos'' secrets; asked what's coming up, he says, ''I wish I knew.'' We chat a little more -- he asks about the weather in Ohio, I ask about his singing career (which includes weekly gigs in NYC). Then he's saying goodbye. And I am thinking, once again, that I have such a strange and nifty job.

2 Comments:

Blogger nacea said...

Rich-I've been wondering when the Sopranos will issue this past season on DVDs. I have the three latest years of Sopranos on DVD sets, and am looking forward to ordering the latest one. How exciting to get to talk to Uncle.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Rich Heldenfels said...

The fifth season (the most recent one) is due out on DVD on June 7.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home